Tuesday, March 13, 2012

All Your Life


"Well I don't want the whole world, 
the sun, the moon, and all their light.  
I just want to be the only girl you love all your life.  
You love all your life.."  ~ The Band Perry 

Us way back in 2002.
I married my high school sweetheart.  Some people may think that is kind of silly because we didn't have serious relationships with different kinds of people prior to "settling down" and how could we possibly know we chose the right one. I however, think it is pretty cool that we both just knew God meant for us to be together and don't feel like we missed out on anything.  Rather, we are blessed with a strong confidence in our relationship and have a high level of respect for one another.  As we grew as individuals and worked towards our own personal goals, we always made sure to keep the other person and our relationship a priority and therefor grew closer together rather than farther apart.  I truly feel like I married my best friend and my soul mate and could not envision myself with anyone else. 


On Thursday February 23, 2012, we celebrated 10 years together as a couple.  My in-laws offered to babysit and we went out to dinner at the Vineyard.  I was given a gift certificate to this place at the end of last school year from the lovely and generous family of one of my students, but hadn't used it yet since I was pregnant at the time and wanted to wait until I could enjoy a glass of wine.  I mean, who goes to a place called "The Vineyard" and doesn't drink wine?   It was beautiful and delicious and we enjoyed some much needed post baby quality time together. 


Us ten years later in 2012.

We got to eat in the cellar.

No grapes right now, but still pretty. 

The driveway/ parking lot was made of gravel tumbled wine bottle bits. 

Wine bottle waterfall.


No comments:

Post a Comment