Sunday, March 4, 2012

Change of focus

"So do not fear for I am with you; 
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  
I will strengthen you and help you; 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." 
~ Isaiah 41:10

Last week was rough.  Very rough.  Going back to work was hard enough in itself, but it also happened to be the same week that Tucker's acid reflux issues only seemed to get worse.  Things are certainly better than they were at the start of last week, but Brett and I are both feeling like just when we start getting one symptom/ area figured out and under control, another one intensifies and we are constantly taking one step forward and 3 steps back. We have a long way to go, but are thankful that we are fighting a battle that actually has a solution, even though we aren't sure what it is just yet.  Things could be so much worse...


When I start to get angry about something and head down that "poor me" direction of thought, God has a way of putting things into perspective for me once again.  Today's reminder was delivered early this morning during Tuck's feeding.  (I generally don't turn the T.V. on at night so that he learns good sleep habits/ avoids stimulation, ect. , but when I could barely keep my eyes open and was nodding off, the need for something to wake me won out.)  I haven't watched the news in a few days and was brought to tears by the pictures of the damage caused by all of the tornados ripping through America right now.  Here I am being bitter about not getting enough sleep or about having a baby who seems to cry constantly and these people have lost literally everything.  How dare I feel upset about my trivial situation when there are parents out there dealing with having the home they envisioned raising their newborn in being reduced to splinters or being faced with the new reality of being a single parent because the twister took their husband as well.  I can't even imagine dealing with that kind of pain, or the kind of strength and faith needed to put one foot in front of the other for those families. 
  
Severe Weather


See the devastation for yourself by checking out this link 


So today, I ask you to join me in prayer for those who need it most.  Those you know and those you don't.  When you take a second to stop praying for yourself and start praying for someone else, you may just realize how blessed you truly are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment