Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Let's go on a date… June 2012

4 years ago at our wedding.
   For our 4 year anniversary, I put together a "year of dates" as my gift to Brett.  The idea originated from Pinterest and my friend Cammie, but naturally I put my own little spin on it.  Basically I planned 12 dates, one for each month, for Brett and I to go on.  Most of them are things we have never done before, and some are group or family dates.  Some are big adventures, others are just small things we haven't had time to do in a long time.  I wrote a description of each date and then complied everything together into a calendar, with each activity at the top and all the other things we have that month already listed for planning purposes.  It's bound to be a fun year enjoying some quality time together! :)  
The cover/ description
For June, I planned a peach picking date in Fredericksburg.  Here is a photo recap of our adventure. 
Description of the June date. 
At the stand listening to picking instructions. 
A plethora of peaches at the orchard check-out. 
The rows of peach trees were marked to show what variety it was. 
Beautiful "Majestic" peaches.  My favorite. :)   (I'm actually eating one now…)
Brett pickin' peaches. 
Trying to get good ones. 
We got there at 8:00 am to beat the crowds and the heat.
Happy June date babe! 
Our 2 half bushels of peaches. 
After we were done picking, we had breakfast tacos and visited a few of the shops on Main St. 
Brett suggested we go wine tasting! 
There were TONS of Monarchs outside the Becker tasting room.
Deliciousness...
On one of the wine barrels we saw on the tour. 
Becker vineyards 2012. 
The tour at Pedernales Cellars.  It was nice and cool in there!
My new favorite Texas winery.  I also loved that they gave out stemless glasses here!
Homemade peach cobbler Brett made that night.  It was delicious! 
I'm looking forward to our July date already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment