Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pinterest Day #2


A few weeks ago I saw this on pinterest and loved it!  frame, burlap, letter




I couldn't quite figure out exactly what I wanted to do with it, but knew I wanted to incorporate it into Tucker's nursery decor somehow…


I found awesome letters in boyish colors/ fonts that matched Tuck's nursery color scheme at Hobby Lobby (50% off of course ;) )  Snatched those babies up and then laid them on the floor in his room for about a week while I figured out what to do next.  I had one wall taken care of, one is literally a wall of windows, and I knew I wanted the strip above his closet to say "I'm a keeper".  (For those non-fishers out there reading this, when you get a good fish that is regulation or bigger you say "It's a keeper!") We already think little man is pretty awesome and sure won't be throwing him back. ;)


So when I ran across this picture again, I knew what I wanted to do finally.  Too bad I wanted it in a random specific size that frames don't come in which meant we were literally starting from scratch here.  Thank goodness for a husband that is good with power tools who is very used to me showing him a picture and then describing how it looks in my mind and making it happen.


We used base boards to frame it out, wrapped plywood in burlap, mounted the letters, and then wonder undered the letters I cut out of suede onto it.


Tada! :)  



This hangs over his closet and brings the room together really well.  I keep telling Brett that I love it and it turned out better than I imagined it.  (btw, the fishing lure was his idea.  We hung it last night after working on it all weekend and once it was up, Brett said "Wait, it is missing something", disappeared into the garage and came back with one of his lures.)  I like the extra Daddy touch. ;)


Here's a close up.


Biggest pinterest undertaking ever so far, but I think it turned out awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment