Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Better Together"

                                                "Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
                                        Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it’s so hard?
                                                     
It’s not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving
                                               I’ll tell you one thing, it’s always better when we’re together ."  

                                                                                                                       ~ Jack Johnson 


I heart Jack Johnson. He pretty much rocks my socks off, and if you have never heard of him, create yourself a fabulous Jack Johnson station on Pandora and enjoy.  I love turning him on at the end of a long day to keep me company while I do my best to whittle down the humongous to-do list that seems to keep growing no matter how many things I actually get to cross off.  Hence the stuffed Vera bag that is overflowing with school stuff including a billion sentence strips that I need to do.  




But it's okay that I brought all that home because I left school at 3:40 with the specific intention of going to sonic happy hour to reward myself for surviving the week so far. :)  Mission accomplished and enjoyed followed by a trip to Target to just get contact solution.   I ended up leaving with way more than that one item, Target seems to get even the best of us including this awesome onesie.  I have stopped myself from buying any clothing for the baby which isn't that hard since there is so little gender neutral stuff, but I couldn't resist this one. Especially since we call the baby "peanut" all the time.



Oh and speaking of the "peanut"  we get to find out gender one week from today and we still haven't fully decided on a name. This would not be a big deal to most people, but it is bugging me like crazy.  We are good on the name for a girl, but can not for the life of us seem to agree on a name for a boy.  Brett thinks everything I like sounds "too last nameish" and I think everything he likes is "boring".  So, it's back to square one I guess.





1 comment:

  1. Dana, there's this great baby name book (don't ask how I know) that's different than the typical ones. The author did a survey to find out what people think about the names rather than the typical "son of Jacob" definition that are in those books. It's called The Baby Name Survey Book and it's on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Name-Survey-Book/dp/0671023853 You guys might get a kick out of it :)

    ReplyDelete