Monday, January 9, 2012

Little Man's Nursery



It's done and turned out better than I had envisioned! :)

I knew exactly the theme/ color scheme I wanted to do if it was a little boy, and once I found and fell in love with the fabric I used to sew the bedskirt and curtains, the rest just started coming together piece by piece.  I don't think the pictures do it justice or really show the colors well, but since the lighting is best in there in the mornings, and I won't be able to take morning pics until this weekend, I am sharing anyways. 


When people ask me the theme of his nursery and I say "outdoorsy" they immediately think camo, and are often surprised when I say the only thing camo in his room are a few onesies and his "daddy duty" diaper bag.   Yes, you can do outdoorsy without being redneck and here is the proof.   

The view from the door as you walk in.
The trophy wall, changing dresser, and crib. 
The glider and bookcase view. 
The closet and door view.  (People are always surprised at how big his name sign really is.)


The rest of these are just a few of the little details...
A close up of the bedding and curtain fabrics.  
The cross is from Brett's nursery when he was a baby, and the painting is from a very special family and has the rhyme "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Tucker in the baby carriage." painted around the edge.  
His trophy sign is made out of a ring of real wood and cricut letters. 
Brett picked out the light switch cover! 
A giant decorative reel holds up part of his curtain arrangement and when the sun hits the crystals in the afternoon, his room seems to sparkle.  I love sitting in there watching the light.

I hope he likes it as much as I do! 


No comments:

Post a Comment